April 2002: "White Onion VII," white earthenware with terra sigillata has been added to the permanent collection of the Smithsonian American Art Museum's Renwick Gallery in Washington, D.C., purchased from the Blue Spiral 1 art gallery, Asheville, NC.
The Smithsonian American Art Museum's Renwick Gallery collects, exhibits, studies, and preserves American crafts from the nineteenth to twenty-first centuries. The Renwick was Washington's first art gallery, designed by James Renwick Jr., architect of the Smithsonian Castle (WDC) and St. Patrick's Cathedral (NYC). Built in 1859, it was saved from demolition by former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy and acquired by the Smithsonian Institution in 1965. Today it is considered the country's premier public collection of American craft.